Job Reference: 0078
Closing date: 2018-01-31
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) seeks a Programme Officer, Networks to play an important part in the delivery of our strategy for industry and the development of our industry networks.
As Programme Manager, Networks, you will support and maintain two of our most engaged networks of small companies (EnterprisePlus) and individuals in large companies (RSC Industry Ambassadors).
You will also capture and collate companies’ insights, improve processes and our web presence and will work on a number of projects with colleagues in our Industry team and across the RSC.
Our Industry team provide the community of companies and individuals, working in the chemistry using industries, with relevant support, access to knowledge, skills development and connections to accelerate innovation.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. We are a provider of knowledge, a professional body and a voice for chemical sciences, with a heritage that spans 175 years. We work with industry and academia to promote collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
Our reach into the chemistry using industries is over 2,500 companies, from start-ups to multinationals, including over 300 R&D based small and medium enterprises. Our membership in industry exceeds 12,000 individuals, representing a diverse set of sectors including energy, oil and gas, nuclear, food and drinks, consumer products and pharmaceuticals.
We are looking for:
- Customer focused approach with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and cope well under pressure.
- High degree of numeracy and good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team and independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage interpersonal conflict well.
- Resourceful and confident to dive in and tackle problems.
- Strong IT skills and abilities.
- A degree in chemical science or other science subject.
- Experience of customer service management and support.
- Experience of using CRM systems.
- Experience of commissioning work and managing contractors.
This is a permanent full-time (35-hour week) role, based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with occasional UK travel and weekend work required.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.