Job Reference: 0780
Closing date: 2018-01-24
Start date: ASAP
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Marketing Executive to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking and close to public transport). Some national, and occasional international travel, will be required.
As Marketing Executive for Campaigns, you will work with our team of professional marketers to enable the Royal Society of Chemistry to use communications and marketing to amplify the impact of our work, voice and brand, proactively and cost-effectively promoting our products, services and benefits to relevant audiences.
You will support the development, delivery and evaluation of commercially focussed campaigns, contributing towards organisational ambitions for revenue growth, and campaigns, to increase community engagement and participation. You will also support the sales, usage and key developments across our publishing titles, demonstrating strategic thinking and creative flair, planning and developing marketing strategies to generate new leads and develop our relationship with our existing customers.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists. With over 54,000 members worldwide, we work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
Our marketing services must attract attention, inspire involvement and create the desire to take action among all our audiences, proactively managing and enhancing our organisational reputation working across the broadest range of channels and tactics to have impact cost-effectively.
We are looking for:
- Degree level and/or relevant professional marketing qualification required, together with evidence of commitment to continuous professional development (CPD).
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to plan, deliver and evaluate for impact and service improvement marketing plans, working to budget and time deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing promotion methods, practices and techniques, able to leverage a broad mix of marketing activities to generate demand for revenue increase, including integrated campaigns, content and digital marketing.
- Creative flair, combined with the ability to create marketing collateral and product value to enable business revenue and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrable evidence of a strong ability to plan and develop marketing activities that generate new leads and build relationships with existing external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and deliver key tasks in a timely manner, as well as the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing demands in a fast moving and complex business environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and on your own initiative as well as being a strong team player.
- Knowledge of scientific communications is desirable to set a context for planning and delivering marketing objectives based on an understanding of customer needs and competitor activities.
- Strategic and commercial thinker who can also demonstrate sensitivity to non-commercial goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we offer an excellent benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.