Job Reference: 0807
Closing date: 2017-09-10
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for a Senior Picture Editor to join us on a permanent basis at our Cambridge Science Park office (free onsite parking) with occasional national travel.
As our Senior Picture Editor, you will source digital assets (mainly imagery and video) required for any purpose within the RSC, keeping within set budgets. Leading a small team, you will source appropriate assets for the whole organisation, using a balance of in-house and outsourced resources that contributes towards achieving the ambition of the Communications and Marketing Directorate, which is to enable the Royal Society of Chemistry to use communications and marketing to amplify the impact of its work, voice and brand, proactively and cost-effectively promoting its products, services and benefits to relevant audiences.
Our creative and production services must attract attention, inspire involvement and create the desire to take action among all our audiences, meeting exceptional standards of quality that reflect our organisational reputation. You will be expected to deliver a programme of planned activity which balances competing demands of a growing and diverse organisation and achieving value-for-money from suppliers.
We are looking for:
- Excellent technical knowledge of the software tools used in image manipulation e.g. Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of using the latest audio and video editing/production software tools to produce professional audio and video content. e.g., Adobe Premier, PhotoShop, AfterEffects, Illustrator.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of picture research, image libraries and associated copyright laws.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in commissioning and organising photography and video shoots.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in art direction.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of a digital asset management system.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal skills (verbal, written, negotiation) and attention to detail are key.
- Confident in the projection, construction and management of budgets and controlling resources.
- Significant experience of office software.
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights (IPR) and copyright within the context of digital media.
- A degree in chemistry or related subject.
- PC experience.
- People and performance management.
- Experience of working within brand guidelines.
At the RSC we offer an excellent benefits package, including a standard 35-hour week: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
Please upload or include a working link to electronic examples of your work (e.g. photo shoots, videos, imagery used in projects) in the same file as your application letter or CV before the end of our closing date.