Play a key role in the design, development & test of new ground-breaking wireless systems from component level RF systems specification through board level RF circuit design. In our successful and expanding Wireless division, we offer the opportunity to work at the leading edge of the state of the art in a broad range of technologies in multiple industries.
This is a graduate role for a 2017 start date.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
Do you have an interest in RF systems/circuit design, current experience of RF techniques/test equipment, and the ability to convert ideas into real products?
In our successful and expanding Wireless division, we offer the opportunity to work at the leading edge of the state of the art in a broad range of technologies in multiple industries. From high volume short-range consumer wireless products, through to professional high-performance systems such as air-traffic-control radios and satellite phone systems.
Cambridge Consultants is a great place to work, a world leader in multi-disciplinary product development and home to some of the most talented scientists and engineers.
Main purpose of the job
As a graduate RF Engineer you will play a key role in the design, development & test of new ground-breaking wireless systems from component level RF systems specification through board level RF circuit design, equipment level RF test and eventual hand-over to mass production. This involves contributing to the specification of wireless systems, leading the design of individual RF hardware blocks and owning the validation of complete products in the laboratory and, ultimately, ensuring their success in the field.
Type of work undertaken by group
The RF & Analogue Systems Group is responsible for delivering complete wireless system designs, as well as RF sub-module designs. The group works closely with the other disciplinary groups within the Wireless Division to deliver these services to clients, as well as to other internal groups. The role therefore involves close interworking with the wide range of disciplines within the entire Company.
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. The division works across the entire wireless landscape – from high volume consumer applications such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems such as the air-traffic-control radios used to govern the US airspace. The markets that we address include telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive. This breadth of wireless activity provides tremendous variety to our team members.
Examples of our wireless design include the world’s first digital cardiac patient monitor, a professional intercom used at the Olympic Games, Femtocell designs, a number of satellite handsets and key technologies fuelling the rollout of 4th generation cellular systems.
- Component selection, board level RF circuit design and laboratory based design validation
- Prepare component level RF systems specifications for wireless systems, under the supervision of the technical authority
- Participate in the regulatory approval and/or field based design validation of our clients’ products
- Where appropriate, create novel design solutions that will be of particular interest to our clients
- As required, present designs, results and/or conclusions to clients in a way that demonstrates the value added by Cambridge Consultants
- Work as part of a close-knit, multi-disciplinary project team focused on delivering design solutions to our clients
You will have:
- A good degree (2:1 or 1st) in electronic engineering or a related discipline from a top university
- Interest in and knowledge of RF system design and RF circuit design
- Current experience of RF techniques and RF laboratory test equipment
- Imaginative and inquisitive approach, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions to complex problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively within Cambridge Consultants and our clients’ organisations
In addition, the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of hardware development and design validation
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
Graduates with industrial experience via a placement or recent graduates with relevant academic course or research experience are welcomed.