Owlstone Medical’s mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. We need to add an outstanding Purchasing Manager to help us achieve it.
About the Job:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own the business procurement processes/procedures.
- Placing and managing all company orders, and other procurement tasks, in support of Manufacturing, R&D and all other company functions
- Effective Communication with Product Managers, Project Managers and other internal stakeholders on the status of relevant procurement activity and deliveries.
- Manage critical spares stocks for manufactured product
- Managing the generation and reporting of component and product inventory levels
- On-going management of EOL / Obsolete parts / at risk parts
- Manage the business export office function. HMRC, shipping
- Identifying suppliers for critical components, difficult-to-source or long-lead-time items
- Ensuring a choice of alternative suppliers where currently single source
- Helping to define supplier qualification procedures and criteria
According to experience, the post may also include:
- Negotiating pricing and supply agreements
- Managing key supplier relationships
The individual has to be exceptionally bright, delivery focused and with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and time management skills, excellent attention to detail, good communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work without close supervision.
- Procurement of mechanical parts, PCBs, cables, sheet metal, electronic components, facilities services
- Experience of procurement for manufacturing
- Vendor selection, component sourcing, negotiating skills
- Logistics knowledge
- Self-motivated, highly organized, team player.
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- It would suit someone with 5 – 8yrs procurement experience who is looking to broaden in a high tech.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect. They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email.