Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add an outstanding Project Coordinator to help us achieve it.
About the Job:
We are seeking an adaptable and enthusiastic Project Coordinator to join our team to assist with projects across the business. The successful candidate will work with Project Managers to ensure projects are running smoothly by managing team activities, project documentation and anticipating and flagging project issues as early as possible to ensure effective communication between internal stakeholders. The role will suit an individual who is a team player, has good people skills, has a keen eye for detail and processes, and is able to proactively liaise with highly technical teams, business developers, and clients. This is a key position of responsibility and your success in this role will be central to the success of the company.
Your principal activities will include:
- Assisting the Project Manager with all aspects of project management and delivery
- Organise, attend and facilitate project meetings alongside the Project Manager, tracking actions and milestones, and ensuring all documentation is kept up to date.
- Provide consistent communications on project progress, resource requirement, finances, and risks
- Facilitating communication across departments and elevating project issues as appropriate.
- Perform regular process maintenance, for example managing export control, budget/resource tracking, IP registers, issue management etc.
- Support the Owlstone Quality Management system including processes needed for medical device development, for example ensuring that Design History Files are in place and kept up to date, non-conformances are tracked, hazard analyses are maintained etc.
- Supporting business development activities within the medical and defense sector including formulation of technical bids and proposals.
The role is based in our Cambridge UK office.
We need an innovative, experienced and delivery focused individual with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment. You will therefore need to have:
- Previous experience of project administration.
- A high level of organisation skills, with proven experience of managing processes and great attention to details.
- Team oriented attitude with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to communicate ideas and work flexibly within a dynamic, multidisciplinary team.
- Most importantly, we are looking for people who are excited to help us develop our product portfolio, successfully complete our clinical trials and assure that our technologies improves patients’ lives.
- Previous experience of quality managements system, or working in a regulated environment is desirable but not essential
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect. They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email.