Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add an experienced Production Manager to our team to help us achieve it.
About the Job:
As an experienced Production Manager you will lead our pilot and low volume manufacturing operation which delivers products to external customers and internal projects. The operation makes products for a variety of markets including Medical, Defence and Industrial process control. It also offers product service and support and delivers services to the rest of the organization including purchasing, logistics and export.
The Production Manager will be fully accountable for all production planning, reporting and performance – managing personnel, production and facilities to do so. Responsible for production on cost, on quality, and on time.
Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Maintain and communicate the Master Production Schedule.
- Forecast product delivery with Sales, Product Management and internal stakeholders and ensure any problems are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that there is sufficient capacity in the Production teams to meet short and long-term forecasts
- Be responsible for implementation of and compliance with the Quality Management System within Production
- Ensure that the Production teams are managed to optimise the costs of manufacture.
- Strategically manage recruitment plans to ensure adequate future capacity, skill flexibility and development of a dynamic Production team
- Maintain an excellent level of communication and management within the Production teams
- Ensure that the Production teams have an appropriate level of participation in the NPI process and support the introduction of new products to manufacture
- Implement appropriate KPIs to measure and support continuous improvement activity in Production
This is an absolutely key role within the Operations team and the right candidate will have hands-on experience as a Production Manager and strong communication and people-management skills. The individual has to be bright, driven and focused with a structured, methodical approach to problem solving and keen attention to detail. The successful candidate will have/be:
- At least 5 years Production management experience within a best practice environment, preferably in complex engineering businesses, fast moving, and ideally military or medical
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Experience working in an electronics systems production environment
- Experience of working in a regulated environment ideally within Medical devices
- Experience in Quality system requirements e.g. ISO 9001 and/or ideally ISO 13485 or FDA QSR compliant systems
- Experience dealing with a variety of sub-contract component vendors
- Understanding of Mechanical and Electronics engineering principles and practices
- Prepared to muck-in and get satisfaction from improving the business
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect. They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Defence and Security.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email