Exciting new opportunity for a Product Manager to develop and manage the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Membership and corporate platforms and product lines.
As Product Manager (Membership) you will have a business-critical role in ensuring that the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) develops and delivers a range of digital services, in line with a clear and effective strategy.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community and a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, with over 54,000 members advancing excellence in chemistry.
Working with our Product Development Team and Technology Department and other stakeholders, you will support and deliver the vision of our Membership Directorate.
You will create and deliver a superior customer experience while simultaneously providing long-term value and establishing strong working relationships, based at our Cambridge Science Park office.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in technical product management while demonstrating a business outcomes approach to work.
- Strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure products deliver on-going sales growth.
- An understanding of the technologies required to build a product and how they fit together and how technology trends impact the product roadmap and drive innovation.
- Excellent communication skills to sell the product vision at all levels from end-users to senior managers and maintain effective working relationships with development teams to communicate and deliver on requirements.
- Exemplary customer focus, a passion for delivering products that will delight customers and the ability to translate complex issues in terms of customer needs.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to lead multiple projects within a matrix environment.
- An understanding of scientific research processes, or of membership business models, would be an advantage.
- Experience in content strategy would also be an advantage, but is not essential.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with a great benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now.