Owlstone Medical’s mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. We need to add outstanding Product Development Leads, with experience in the In Vitro Diagnostics or other Medical devices sector, to help us achieve it.
About the Job:
Your objective would be to work with our multi-disciplinary science and engineering teams to lead and manage the development of complex In-vitro diagnostic test systems and other medical devices capable of meeting internationally accepted medical device standards. This is a key position of responsibility and your success in this role will be central to the success of the company.
Your principal activities will include:
- Managing medical/diagnostic device development projects from initial concept through to release to market including product definition, systems architecture, design & development, regulatory approval and transfer to manufacture.
- Leading and working with the project engineering team to solve challenging science, electronics, software, and systems engineering problems through a hands-on approach.
- Guiding and contributing to systems engineering activities including requirements analysis, risk management, system architecture, usability and integration/verification/validation activities
- Identifying and developing core technology platforms.
- Managing timelines, resource, budgets and risks and reporting on project progress.
- Supporting business development activities within the medical sector including formulation of technical bids and proposals.
The role is based in our Cambridge office.
We need an innovative, experienced and delivery focused individual with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment. You will therefore need to have:
- A degree or higher degree in a physical science or engineering.
- At least ten years’ product development experience in an industrial or consulting environment including medical devices and/or medical diagnostic devices.
- A project management track-record gained within a highly technical and team-oriented environment.
- A strong systems engineering perspective with experience of successfully integrating complex multi-disciplinary systems incorporating detection, fluidic, electrical, mechanical and software components.
- A good working knowledge of medical device development practices, standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of engineering development tools (e.g. 3D CAD, software/firmware etc.).
- Ability to communicate ideas and work flexibly within a dynamic, multidisciplinary team.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect. They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to .