Would you like to test and deliver scalable cloud applications? Do you have knowledge and experience in test approaches for Service Oriented or Microservice architectures?
Are you interested in working with the Internet of Things, Smart Homes, Connected Health and wearable applications that deliver excellent cloud based services to end users? Are you passionate about testing and do you understand how testing fits into a rapid and iterative development lifecycle?
Cambridge Consultants is building a world class team that will deliver cutting edge digital service applications that live in the cloud. Our team are building extensible and scalable web services using the latest technologies.
You would be a part of this team and part of the wider Test Group that delivers a vast range of testing expertise across many projects. Drawing on your experience, you will also coach and mentor test and software engineers to help improve the quality of testing activities at all levels. This would involve promoting appropriate testing skills and techniques, together with supporting the learning of these skills through deliberate practices such as pairing.
We are interested in talking to people that have experience in:
- Designing test systems for scalable, distributed cloud-based software
- Creating test strategies to guide testing activities on a project
- Developing robust, reliable API level test automation
- Investigating issues at the code level, and reading log files
- Security testing
- Performance testing
- Engaging with the wider testing community
- Designing charters and performing exploratory testing
- Applying testing skills to analysing requirements as well as software
- Technically leading and guiding development teams to improve quality at all levels
- Good degree in a relevant technical discipline
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of:
- A broad range of testing techniques and approaches, and know when and how to use them
- One of NodeJS, Python, Java or .NET (we use NodeJS and Python)
- Technologies like REST, AMQP, RabbitMQ, CoAP, PKI, Virtual Machines, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Version control systems, centralised (SVN) and distributed (Git)
- Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, Cassandra and Redis
- Networking technologies including IPv6, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, proxying
- Windows and Linux
- Continuous Integration, test and deployment
You’ll get to work with multi-disciplinary teams of software engineers, front-end developers, user experience and service designers, mathematicians, test engineers and DevOps engineers. Cooperative and collaborative working with all members within the team is essential to rapidly deliver solutions to our clients.
The team is working with clients from around the globe to deliver novel solutions to the everyday needs of individuals and businesses alike. You’ll get to work with our clients to understand and realise their requirements and deliver truly exciting new applications.