Do you fancy a stimulating change to your career? You can join an exciting team Cambridge Consultants and achieve…
- Variety of work
- The opportunity to prove yourself
Come and work with a lot of clever and engaging people, who are also grounded, fun, relaxed, committed, busy and successful.
It’s a fantastic place to be and we’d love to hear from you.
Main purpose of the job
As Principal Electronics Engineer you will be working on cutting edge technology developments for our clients. Projects are varied and will involve significant technical challenge and you will be working in a fast paced environment, often to tight deadlines.
Working alongside some of the most talented technical people in the world on complex multi-disciplinary medical devices and systems, you will use your excellent general and analogue electronics skills to contribute to and lead cutting edge technology developments for our clients around the globe.
This position will offer you the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to final delivery and support, and you will be expected to take a technical leadership role.
Type of work undertaken by division/group
The Medical Technology Division undertakes development projects in three focus areas:
- Clinical diagnostics and instrumentation
- Surgical products and medical systems
- Drug delivery devices
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and broad industry experience to form powerful development teams. Our work ranges from complete product developments to the provision of consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
The Medical Electronics Group combines specialist skills in electronics and software design to efficiently deliver innovative mixed-signal solutions. We have particular strengths in sensors and power electronics and have used our rigorous analytic approach to architect and deliver many products, including:
- Diagnostic instrumentation based on a multitude of opto-electronic sensing techniques
- Electro-mechanical drug delivery devices
- Using your strong analytical skills to understand client requirements and drivers, and foresee technical challenges
- Working with the Project Manager to plan approaches to projects
- Leading the definition of technical solutions, systems architectures and design solutions for product or system developments
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver robust system solutions and products ready for manufacture
- Managing internal and external resources to meet the design, build, test and manufacturing criteria
- Applying your knowledge of the regulatory landscape to ensure standards-compliant design
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will have an excellent undergraduate degree in electronics and you will have significant experience in an electronic engineering role with a proven track record of design leadership and technical authority.
You will have well rounded electronics experience, with a particular focus on analogue electronics.
Practical knowledge in the medical electronics sector is useful for this role but not essential. You will have excellent collaborative skills along with the ability and enthusiasm to mentor less experienced staff.
You will be a confident communicator and have strong client-facing skills. The role may include some travel.
Specific expertise in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Low noise design techniques for sensor interfacing
- Low power design techniques
- Analogue modelling and simulation tools
- Power electronics, including power supply design and motor control
- Design for manufacture, test, cost and reliability
- Multidisciplinary system design skills
- A working knowledge of medical electronics standards
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.