Owlstone Medical, a developer of next-generation chemical detection products, is currently seeking an experienced instrument operator to join its team based in Cambridge, UK.
Working closely with the clinical lab team you will be expected to carry out routine analysis and validation of samples using proprietary in-house instrumental techniques.
We are looking for someone with a background in science and TD-GC-MS experience. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of responsibility
- Daily running of TD-GC-MS / FAIMS instrumentation
- Monitor instrument performance (e.g. air:water check, voltages, vacuum, humidity, etc.)
- Troubleshoot instrument (e.g. leak check, replace column, etc.)
- Run weekly/daily checks, assess instrument status and ability to run samples
- Run breath samples and tube blanks on daily basis
- Perform initial quality control checks on breath samples
- Prepare quality control stocks and standards
- Support completion of next-phase analytical experiments
- Communicate with instrument manufacturer in case of HW/SW issues
- Report updates on weekly basis
- On call for weekend remote login troubleshooting
- Be qualified to degree level in a science related discipline
- Can demonstrate practical and technical knowledge of gas chromatography mass spectrometry
- Thermal desorption experience highly desirable
- Can demonstrate ability to adhere to GLP and VAM to meet QC and QA goals
The successful candidate
- Has to be bright and delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Has self-management skills to allow both structured independent work, and integration into busy project development cycles.
- Values interpersonal and communication skills very highly; must be a team player.
Owlstone Medical offers a great working environment and competitive remuneration package that includes future share options; 37.5hours per week (daytime working), 25 days annual holiday.
Owlstone Medical has a strong ethic of investing in people and a well defined process supporting individual career development.
To apply, send your CV by E-mail to email