Owlstone Medical are aiming to develop a breathalyser to enable the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs.
About the job
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Supply-chain Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day to day administration of Sales orders, logistics and materials and the interaction with production activities.
1) Sales Order Processing
- Customer liaison and administration of sales orders (Customer Orders, SACKS) as per QP- 13
- Assist in definition and format of Sales reporting between Owlstone Inc/Medical
- Maintain up to date Salesforce, and SAGE records for customers
- communicate correct information to production for each SO following review by technical lead and Production Manager
2) Production Planning
- Update and review new IWO/customer demands on a daily/weekly basis, including allocation of IWO to customers
- Raising relevant documentation for customer orders
- Provide and review Sales Pipeline with Production Manager on a weekly basis
3) Dispatch & Invoicing
- Responsible for dispatch and tracking of customer orders
- Dispatch note and Invoice processing through SAGE
4) Logistics & export
- Responsible for all aspects of shipping and international trade including
- courier selection, and management
- customer liaison, contract compliance
- IPR, OPR, and other HMRC obligations
- compliance with Environment Agency, IATA, and UK export control regulations
- compliance with international trading obligations
- provision of daily and weekly shipment updates to Production Manager
- Writing, reviewing and improving process and procedural documentation
- Other ad-hoc tasks as defined by Management
- Preferable experience of import/export of hazardous goods
- Working knowledge of export licensing and application process
- Understanding of, and ability to perform, procedures from Sales through to Dispatch
- Experience of production planning and dealing with changing demands
- Experience of writing and maintaining procedural documents
- Good telephone manner and ability to negotiate alternative terms
- Able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Well-organized with a keen eye for detail
- Flexible approach to changing demands of the business
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease detection. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are tell-tale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology can detect.
They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email.