Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add a Senior Laboratory Technican to our team to help us achieve it.
Working closely with manufacturing, applications and product development teams you will be expected to ensure that all lab processes relating to quality and health and safety operate smoothly.
We are looking for someone with laboratory experience and a background in science. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of responsibility
- Daily management of applications and medical laboratories
- Instrument inventory
- Daily instrument calibrations
- Glassware management
- Replenishing lab stock
- Ordering chemicals
- Keeping the labs tidy and organized
- Implementation of health and safety processes
- Risk assessment reviews
- Fume hood management
- Chemical inventory management
- (Toxic) cylinder management
- Pressurized systems management
- Follow quality-management-system processes (conforming to ISO9001, ISO13485 and other standards, as required)
- Implementation of calibration logs
- Coordination of service visits for instrumentation
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date laboratory records
- Be qualified to degree level in a science related discipline, or demonstrate equivalent practical skills through relevant job history
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment is essential
- Has to be bright and delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Has competent self-management skills to allow both structured individual work, and integration into busy project development cycles.
- Values interpersonal and communication skills; must be a team player.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com.
Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are tell-tale markers of disease that our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.
Our vision is to change the way we currently diagnose and monitor serious disease; we aim to become the global leader in the non-invasive detection of cancer, infectious disease and inflammatory disease. The key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage drop to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone may be the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email.