Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add a Scientific Marketing Specialist to our team to help us achieve it.
About the job
The Scientific Marketing Specialist will use their scientific background to identify target audiences and effectively communicate the value of Owlstone Medical’s Instruments and Services to those audiences using a range of communication channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating scientific content for e.g. blog posts, e-mails, website, presentations, webinars and other marketing collateral
- Researching potential accounts and customers
- Lead generation activities
- Building and maintaining interest-based custom audiences
- Set up and evaluation of digital ads (Facebook, Google Adwords, LinkedIn)
- Posting relevant content on LinkedIn Groups
- Monitor and respond to enquiries on Social Media channels
- Design, build, manage, and execute marketing automation (Marketo) campaigns including e-mail and digital channels, and customized landing pages
- Update website with new content (blog posts, news, events etc.)
- Website SEO focusing on use of keywords
- Identify relevant conferences for the company to attend
- Conference organization including pre- and post-event marketing tailored to the conference attendees
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies, marketing automation, lead generation and qualification
- High self-motivation with a sense of urgency
- Creative mindset with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well with other members of the Sales & Marketing team towards a shared goal
- Well organized, able to work flexibly and prioritize multiple tasks in a rapidly evolving cross-functional environment
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience setting up digital ads (Facebook, Google Adwords, LinkedIn)
- Experience of website management, html or CSS
- SEO knowledge
- Experience of Marketo or Salesforce.com
Most importantly, we are looking for people who share our ambitions, want to be part of our friendly team, want to grow with the company and are excited to help us assure our breathalyzer for cancer improves patients’ lives.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to email.