Owlstone Medical, a developer of next-generation chemical detection products, is currently seeking an experienced research assistant to join its team based in Cambridge, UK.
Working closely with manufacturing, applications and product development teams you will be expected to carry out routine analysis and validation of samples using proprietary in house instrumental techniques.
We are looking for someone with laboratory experience and a background in science. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of responsibility..
- Daily management of adsorbent sample tubes
- Assist with the daily running of TD-GC-MS instrumentation
- Assist with the routine analysis, validation and data processing of samples as required by the applications team
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date laboratory records
- General assistance with the running of clinical laboratory, being responsible for undertaking daily tasks
- Adherence to ISO9001, ISO13485, GLP, GCLP and other quality systems as required
- Be qualified to degree level in a science related discipline however a practical background in laboratory environment may also suffice. Experience of working in a lab environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of thermal desorption gas chromatography desirable
- Experience of method development and experimental validation.
The successful candidate..
- Has to be bright and delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to push forward relentlessly in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Competent self management skills to allow both structured independent lone working, and integration into busy project development cycles.
- Values interpersonal and communication skills are very important in this role; must be a team player.
Owlstone offer a great working environment and competitive remuneration package that includes future share options; 37.5hours per week (daytime working), 25 days annual holiday.
Owlstone has a strong ethic of investing in people and a well defined process supporting individual career development.
To apply, send your CV by E-mail to email