Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add an experienced Senior Sales Representative to our team to help us achieve it.
About the Job:
The Senior Sales Representative will work to increase the install base of Owlstone’s R&D discovery tools and analytical equipment. You will have to work with colleagues to develop new business and ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations
Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Grow sales volume and drive business expansion.
- Qualify potential sales leads by discussion with and understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Find new customers using a variety of tools ranging from personal networking to internet searches.
- Generate quotations and handle relevant tender processes.
- Negotiate pricing in collaboration with other parts of the business
- Maintain a relationship with existing customers and assist in post-sale activities.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- Maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company’s Customer Relationship Software (CRM), timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates, and rigorous funnel management in order to achieve/improve monthly forecasting accuracy and growth targets.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Academic degree (MSc) in scientific disciplines, possibly life science.
- A minimum of five years direct sales experience selling analytical instrumentation including sale of CapEx lab instrumentation (preferably mass spectrometers with an omics applications focus)
- Experience with sales methodologies such as SPIN selling
- Relevant technical and scientific background.
- A track records of closing high value deals in highly competitive situations.
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- Thorough understanding of business factors affecting account’s profitability and competitive status as well as laboratory operations.
- The candidate must be an outgoing and likeable individual with a high degree of personal integrity. Self-motivation is essential as is a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal.
- Well organised and able to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment.
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease www.owlstonemedical.com. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect. They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Defence and Security.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role to Reveal email address