Linguamatics is currently seeking a talented post graduate with experience of natural language processing to work on leading edge text mining products.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining resources for domain specific adaptation of interactive information extraction software based on Natural Language Processing. Working closely with application scientists and the development team, you will ensure that the combination of software and resources satisfies customer requirements. This will include:
- Developing patterns to recognise relationships
- Transforming, adapting and evaluating domain specific terminologies
- Manipulating different document sources
- Contributing to consulting projects to develop specific applications
- Contributing to ongoing UK and EU funded research projects
You will be working on life science or healthcare applications, and some knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry would be useful. You will have strong communication skills and be able to work with other staff to get across ideas and issues and to respond to requirements. You must also enjoy working in a fast-moving start-up environment, which requires multi-tasking, flexibility and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Post graduate qualification in computational linguistics or related discipline, including a good understanding of grammar
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong programming skills – familiarity with Python or Java is essential
Additionally, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Research experience, preferably in a commercial setting
- Background in or experience in Life Science, Healthcare or a related sector
- Experience in using ontologies
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers and US government organisations such as the FDA.
This is a challenging and exciting role in a young, growing company. If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the team and the success of our business, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to:
Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK
Email: Reveal email address.