Owlstone Medical is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join its team based in Cambridge, UK.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support both R&D and Manufacturing teams to ensure that Owlstone products are manufactured, and tested to world class quality standards.
About the Job:
Your principal activities will include:
- Supporting Lonestar manufacturing, service, repair, and customer support activities
- Supporting the production team; resolving material non-conformances, troubleshooting, training
- Developing process instructions, bill of materials, data-packs
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement throughout Owlstone operations; reducing process variation, improving efficiencies, working methods, test systems, and product quality
This is an exciting role for the right candidate, one that would suit a hands-on, rigorous, engineer.
- Prior experience in a multi-disciplined manufacturing or engineering environment is desired.
- We are looking for a bright, focused, diligent individual with keen attention to detail, team player
- Versatile, motivated, energised individual who completes tasks on time with minimum supervision
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are telltale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology is able to detect.They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercialises a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and how you fit the role.