Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Administrator to join its Business Intelligence team.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a strong understanding and experience defining, building and maintaining a scalable data warehouse that meets Jagex’s growing business intelligence needs.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE
- Build, maintain and extend a high performance, scalable data warehouse
- Understand high level business requirements and turn these into deliverables that add value to all parts of the business
- Liaise with Commercial and Product teams to ensure new data sources are available as new products/measures are added
- Liaise with the Development and Systems Admin teams regarding new (and changes to) live data storage and how this is replicated
- Establishing partnerships with key IT partners in support of data warehousing initiatives
- Expert knowledge of PostGres or more than one other RDBMS
- Practical experience of building a data warehouse from the ground up
- Experience with Linux operating systems, bash scripting and/or Perl
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, query performance and optimization techniques
- High level of attention to detail, ensuring data is of the highest quality/accuracy and is fully understood by business users
- Able to work on own, not dependent on support of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely to groups and individuals
- Driven to succeed, self motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Experience of analysis/commercial aspects of Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports (or similar) reporting software
- Experience using a formal programming language, ideally Java
- Knowledge of database replication technologies
- Passion for games
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Send your CV with covering letter to: email@example.com
Salary is negotiable and extremely competitive. The package will also have several benefits including annual bonus, private health care and gym membership
Jagex Games Studio is a world leading developer and publisher of high quality browser-based games and is the largest independent games studio in the UK, with over 400 staff across two studios in Cambridge, England.
Built exclusively on Jagex’s own proprietary platforms and tools; Jagex is a leader in innovation and technology within the online games space with its popular browser-based game, RuneScape, awarded the Guinness World Record for the world’s most popular free-to-play MMO three years running, and Jagex.com, the studio’s captivating free browser games website offering numerous, varied games to a wide audience.
Jagex Ltd offers its employees a positive, challenging and highly rewarding working environment and has won numerous awards to demonstrate this commitment, including the 2009 Golden Joystick for the ‘UK Games Developer of the Year’ and featuring in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’ listing in both 2007 and 2008.
We are proud of our success and very excited about our future. With multiple games released to date and a large number of varied projects in production, there really never has been a better time to join the team and become a part of our phenomenal story.
- 220, Cambridge Science Park
- Milton Road
- Cambridge CB4 0GF
- Email: via website
- Web: http://www.jagex.com