We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our advanced team to develop and apply cutting edge machine learning techniques such as deep learning, reinforcement learning and NLP to client problems in a wide range of applications and industries. This is a fantastic opportunity to jump start your career in arguably the most exciting area of technology at the moment.
As a graduate, you’ll gain the opportunity to be involved in a range of projects each with their own distinct set of challenges. You will be involved in everything from first-principles thinking through to the development and deployment of live systems. Where you go from there is up to you. We give you the freedom to follow your interests and steer your own career in the direction you want, providing you with all of the support, mentoring and training you need.
Type of work
Projects can start off as modest studies and progress towards large multi-disciplinary systems which involve 50+ engineers. The group engages with a broad range of industries and applications but the underlying premise is of developing bespoke systems that cannot be bought off the shelf.
As you develop, with specific training and support, you will become responsible for:
- The design, development, training, verification and deployment of systems using machine learning
- The design of interfaces between your code and that of other software engineers on the team
- Delivery of high-quality systems, compliant with the client’s requirements
- Carrying out your specific project tasks within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
There are many aspects to the work in addition to design. As your experience develops, you might wish to take on further responsibilities.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- An excellent degree in a relevant subject, such as computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Strong software skills in Python or C/C++
- Mathematical modelling experience
- Good communication
- A passion for machine learning
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous;
- Deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow™ and Torch
- Accelerating simulations using GPUs
- Designing and training deep neural networks
- Computer vision and imaging