- Are you an experienced marketing communications professional, looking to take your career to the next level?
- Would you like to be the face of one of the most prominent and successful technology consultancies in the world-renowned Cambridge hi-tech cluster?
- We are looking for a talented Global Marketing Communications Director, with the experience and creativity to drive the global strategy and direction of our company image and marketing communications. This is a rare opportunity to lead an accomplished team of marketing professionals, embracing the latest marketing techniques, to achieve these goals.
Main purpose of the job
You will set the strategy and direction of our corporate marketing to drive global business growth, employee engagement and recruitment. This must be accomplished across the diverse breadth of our business, requiring you to manage adherence to our overarching brand guidelines and values. You will liaise with our operating divisions to develop our marketing objectives and employ the latest marketing techniques to satisfy these goals. The role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Type of work undertaken by the company
Cambridge Consultants is a leading professional services company in the Cambridge hi-tech cluster and a Sunday Times Top 100 employer. We operate globally, with particular focus in Europe, America and Asia.
We specialise in helping our clients achieve the seemingly impossible, through the development of breakthrough technology-based products and services. With a 56-year track record of world firsts, we tackle the most world’s most difficult problems – from the world’s most advanced grocery fulfilment system, through mission-critical global satellite communications systems, to ultra-miniature medical implants. The skills and experience of our 700 designers, engineers, scientists and mathematicians combine to create a melting pot of innovation, which creates a remarkably stimulating and diverse source of content for external marketing.
The marketing communications team is responsible for creating and communicating the overall image of the company, as well as its constituent business areas. The team has expertise in areas including brand, design, events, digital communications, public relations and internal communications.
You will be responsible for driving the strategy and direction of our corporate marketing. Working with our executive board and operating divisions that contribute content, you will direct the overall brand proposition and communication of this content to our markets, at the company and sub-sector levels. As a premium consultancy looking to undertake breakthrough projects, it is important to the efficiency of our sales process to only attract the small segment of potential customers that have this level of ambition. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Overall direction of the company’s image and marketing communications – the face of Cambridge Consultants both externally and internally – to drive global business growth, employee engagement and recruitment
- Managing adherence of our cross-company marketing activities to our brand guidelines and values
- Management of the 9-person marketing communications team with its constituent specialisms, including the hiring of new team members
- Direction of the function to embrace the latest modern marketing and digital media techniques
- Working with divisional marketing managers and the leaders of our market-focused sales campaigns to develop the annual plans and marketing strategies to grow new business
- Developing a cross-company understanding of our diverse business, to derive the common aspects that inform our overall brand
- Leading corporate-level marketing projects, such as website updates, recruitment campaigns, sponsorships or awards entries
- Directing the initial coarse triaging and assignment of our incoming business leads to the operational business. These leads might present through channels such as website/email/telephone enquiries, events, customer referrals, press and social media.
- Maintaining relationships with relevant industry players and associations, that help to reinforce our market visibility and position
- Providing highest level relationship management of our key external suppliers, such as PR agencies
- Defining and managing the marketing communications budget
- A passion for technology and the societal benefits that it can provide
- The ambition to take on a high-profile marketing function and drive it to the next level
- A track record of successful high-profile complex marketing campaigns
- Experience of marketing high-value professional services (versus high-volume product sales)
- Skilled in measuring marketing effectiveness
- Awareness and understanding of modern marketing techniques relevant to premium marketing
- Experience in managing and motivating a creative team to optimise the combined team dynamic, its service ethic to its internal customers, and corresponding results
- Collaborative team-based approach
- Adept at consolidating varied requirements across a diverse business, to produce a coherent brand message
- Excellent analytical, organisational, communication and presentation skills, with an ability to prioritise, plan and execute at pace
- Sufficient IT literacy to provide affinity with the digital tools and trends used within the function
- A professional marketing qualification and degree relevant to this role
- Relevant influential industry, PR and journalist contacts
- International experience
- Prior experience of working within a professional services firm
- Prior implementation of a successful website
- Setting the high level strategy for Salesforce Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Hubspot (digital marketing tool) tool usage
- An eye for design, sufficient to identify and encourage appealing design within the team
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employee’s careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.