Are You Passionate About Designing and Developing User Interfaces?
Would you like to create remarkable user experiences and user interfaces? If you want to design and develop innovative and intuitive front ends for a wide variety of clients then Cambridge Consultants is the place for you.
This is a great opportunity for the right person.
Main purpose of the job
You’ll drive all aspects of UI development for a number of products for our high profile clients.
Type of work undertaken by division & group
Cambridge Consultants puts highly desirable user experience at the heart of the products we create. Our UX and UI team design and develop innovative experiences and user interfaces using commodity web technologies, iOS, Android and other bespoke technologies. Our clients come from many different markets including telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive to name a few.
Recent examples of our work include the development of a web application and user interface to allow end users to specify the geographical locations in which a satellite service is made available, a provisioning and configuration interface for a network of wirelessly controlled robots, a mobile web app for helping diabetic patients interact with a wireless pen injector, a data dashboard for monitoring the status of satellite telecoms network hardware and a dashboard tracking people’s location and context in smart buildings.
This breadth of activity provides tremendous variety to our team members.
The Software Group in the Wireless Division works closely with other disciplines to develop cutting-edge software. Team sizes tend to be small and are made up of highly skilled engineers.
You’ll be creating front-ends for web applications, iOS and Android. You’ll work with back-end developers, software engineers and UX/UI designers to produce impressive, user-centric and highly-polished user interfaces.
What you should have:
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of front end design and development
- Solid understanding and recent experience of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience of building single page applications in the browser
- Hands-on experience integrating Web applications with REST or SOAP services
- Knowledge of unit testing and test automation tools and techniques for browser based user interfaces
- Interest in Usability and UX (web application wireframing skills would be an advantage)
- Creativity and a great eye for design
- A Passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Version Control (Subversion)
- Familiarity with standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator & Fireworks
- Python and Django
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your CV and a portfolio of your work that showcases websites, web applications and user interfaces you have developed via the on-line application form.
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.