As part of the Schneider Electric organisation, Spiral Software has a strong development focus, with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provide industry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particular on the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building our technology lead making significant investments into research and development each year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selection and refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of available feedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business critical role for over 70 companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launched in 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strong development roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logistics management as well as addressing other process industries, such as food & beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health and dental cover, life insurance cover, and high-speed broadband at home.
If you would like to work with us and find out more, please visit our website or Schneider Electric Software. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist directly. Please submit your CV with full educational history and a covering letter, with any relevant links to examples of work. You can find information below on examples of some of the roles we may have available.
Spiral’s tools run complex and computationally-demanding mathematical models to predict the behaviour of industry processes. We produce rich, intuitive UI and visualisation tools that allow end users to interact with these models to make business-critical decisions.
As a Desktop C# Developer, you will work as part of an Agile development team on our Windows desktop applications, focusing on design and development of user interface components.
- Recent experience of desktop application development as part of a significant development project (personal, commercial or academic)
- Experience of developing user interface components in C#
- Good communication skills
- Experience developing Windows user interface with one or more of WinForms (strongly desirable), WPF, MFC
- Experience of using code profiling tools
- Automated UI testing, e.g., Coded UI
- Experience with native C++ development
- Strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background
- Experience of development as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- This role enjoys a salary of up to £55,000pa depending on background and past experience.
- Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health and dental cover, life insurance cover, and high-speed broadband at home.
- We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable work environment, including a fully-stocked, complimentary kitchen and drinks room, and a pool table. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting and challenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and very low staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it’s an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company’s future.
Please apply online.