Are you an experienced creative Artworker, also with skills in photography? Would you like to work in one of the most prominent and successful technology consultancies in the world-renowned Cambridge hi-tech cluster?
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Marketing Communications team as a Creative Artworker, to support the production of graphics and visuals within our internal studio and to undertake photography. Although this is not a design role, creative appreciation, layout skills and photographic ability are essential.
Main purpose of the job
You will play a critical role in the Marketing Team, ensuring material is art-worked to a high standard within deadlines. We currently produce a wide variety of material ranging from event stands, corporate brochures, recruitment material through to advertising campaigns and digital media. You will join a small graphics team who play a pivotal function within the marketing department.
Type of work undertaken by the company
Cambridge Consultants is a leading professional services company in the Cambridge hi-tech cluster and a Sunday Times Top 100 employer. We operate globally, with particular focus in Europe, America and Asia.
We specialise in helping our clients achieve the seemingly impossible, through the development of breakthrough technology-based products and services. With a 56-year track record of world firsts, we tackle the most world’s most difficult problems – from the world’s most advanced grocery fulfilment system, through mission-critical global satellite communications systems, to ultra-miniature medical implants. The skills and experience of our 700 designers, engineers, scientists and mathematicians combine to create a melting pot of innovation, which creates a remarkably stimulating and diverse source of content for external marketing.
The marketing communications team is responsible for creating and communicating the overall image of the company, as well as its constituent business areas. The team has expertise in areas including brand, design, events, digital communications, public relations and internal communications.
You will be responsible for taking creative ideas and designs and turning them into beautifully finished artwork. Working with the design team, you will be adept at using your imagination to solve problems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the rest of the Marketing Communications team to ensure all artwork meets our design ambition
- Taking verbal briefs from creatives and designers to completion
- In-house photography
- Building strong and trusted relationships internally and with key suppliers
- Being a guardian of the brand; maintaining the use of the name, logo, visual identity and key assets
- Experience of working in a studio environment
- Knowledge in creating print ready artwork and digital files (cmyk, sizing, spot colours, etc.)
- Passion for photography, sound knowledge and experience, including a variety of subject matter (products and portraits) You’ll be able to work with individuals across the company to take high quality portraits and reportage style shots
- Sound working knowledge of Adobe CC including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as strong general IT software skills
- Ability to job track and multi task
- Great eye for detail and high standards of accuracy
- Experience processing imagery to a professional level
- Both offline and online experience
- Knowledge of Powerpoint and creating highly finished presentations
- Collaborative team-based approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills, with an ability to prioritise, plan and execute at pace
- Knowledge of other Creative Suite products including Lightroom and After Effects