Do you like the variety of working in a design agency, yet relish getting stuck into complex and challenging problems?
At Cambridge Consultants, we’re increasingly designing solutions with larger software components and we’re scaling-up our service design offering too. To keep apace, we need to ramp up our UX capabilities significantly, in domains that range from medical devices to satellite communications.
We like to push the boundaries of what’s possible, it won’t just be about pretty pixels: you’ll think about and test the content architecture, workflows and patterns required to fulfil our client’s needs, in collaboration with our engineers.
Are you up for the challenge?
You’ll lead the user experience focus within internal and external projects, employing a variety of proven and engaging methods to help formalise the client needs and convert them into relevant and exciting concepts.
Working across all fields of product development, within an increasingly agile environment, you’ll define and communicate your vision of the user experience to the client and development teams for implementation. You’ll define and test interactions of products across a range of industries each with their own constraints and set of users.
You’ll help us develop the UX capability within the company by mentoring/supporting junior designers and advocate the essence of the work within our development and commercial communities.
Recent examples of our work include:
- the development of a web application and user interface to allow user to specify the geographical locations in which a satellite service is made available.
- a provisioning and configuration interface for a network of wirelessly controlled robots
- a mobile web app for helping diabetic patients interact with a pen injector
- the development of a home energy management system
As a Senior UX designer, you’ll drive all aspects of UX:
- Interpret user/client needs
- Prepare proposals that capture these needs
- Set design direction, gaining buy in from team members
- Develop UI features and requirements
- Test/Evaluate your design with end users
Communicate design solutions to clientIncrease our UX capability:
- Promote User Experience within projects and the wider company
- Mentor more junior people
- Support the transition to a more agile environment
You’ll use your expertise to liaise with clients, understand technical and marketing requirements, and prepare project proposals in accordance with the client’s needs.
- A degree in HCI, Design or other relevant experience in the field
- Good knowledge of user-centred design methods and tools
- Passion for elegant and intuitive interfaces Have the ability to reframe problems to uncover simple design solutions
- Facilitate design sessions and workshops with the client and the project team
- Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team of testers and engineers
- Test your design assumptions with users
- Communicate clearly and succinctly
We’ll need to see a strong portfolio showing your work processes (i.e. not only the end results) and a cover letter explaining why you’re considering the role – please submit both with your application.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.