Are you a practically minded engineer with a keen eye for detail and a wealth of experience in translating ideas into market ready products? Do you want to work with a true world class leading development consultancy with a rich heritage in developing disruptive technologies to redefine products in the Industrial, Consumer, Energy and Defence markets?
The Mechanical and Analytical group undertakes the development of innovative devices and equipment from concept to manufacture whilst addressing considerable technical challenges.
Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to market, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
Examples of projects we have worked on include:
- A ground breaking warehouse automation solution for Ocado designed to push the boundaries of efficiency, modularity and scalability.
- Vinfusion: An an app lead personalised wine blending and dispensing device with a touch of theatre.
You will be responsible for elements of the design across a range of projects – focusing on design for and transfer to manufacture, planning and implementing low volume assembly of complex electromechanical products and supporting manufacturing partners with the roll out of the design to higher volume manufacture.
This will involve:
- Collaboration across engineering disciplines, client interaction, and the management of suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Interpretation of CAD data, along with significant practical skills allowing you to develop unique solutions and processes
- Ability to manage and control the release of engineering data, and, most importantly, a genuine passion for the delivery of quality engineering
- Managing tasks within multiple projects requiring delivery to tight timescales and budgets, managing both internal and external resources
- Mentoring more junior staff
The role requires a high degree of technical ability, experience in design for and transfer to manufacturing, close attention to detail and a drive and determination to improve quality of a given design.
- A good engineering degree or other relevant qualification, and direct experience in product development in a consumer or industrial manufacturing company
- The ability and aptitude to work with abstract system design concepts, as well as delivering solutions against a defined specification, in both cases following good principles of engineering design
- Ability to work with and assume technical leadership of teams of engineers and technicians of different disciplines to implement detailed solutions for mechanical and electromechanical systems, down to component level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing manufacturing suppliers and partners
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Project or task management experience, using Microsoft office tools
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.