Are you an aspiring Project Manager or Technical Team Leader with Project Management ambitions? In this role you will have the autonomy and freedom to set-up and lead teams of world-class graduate engineers, whilst being supported by a team of experienced Programme Managers to develop your skills to enable you to lead larger and more complex programmes as your career develops.
Are you an aspiring Project Manager or Technical Team Leader with Project Management ambitions? Do you have a background in new product development? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment, leading teams to deliver ground breaking, innovative and challenging technical solutions within a diverse and exciting medical field?
If you answered yes to the above, then read on…
We can offer you the autonomy and freedom to set-up and lead teams of world-class graduate engineers. You will work across a wide variety of technologies, markets and clients, and be tasked with leading the development of innovative new medical devices and systems. You will lead project teams from concept, prototyping and proof of principle, through to new product introduction and manufacture. Crucially, this role will provide you an opportunity to develop your project management skillset. You will be supported by a team of experienced Programme Managers, to enable you to lead larger and more complex programmes as your career develops.
Main Role & Responsibilities
This position is within a team of Project and Programme Managers in the Medical Technology Division at Cambridge Consultants.
You will have responsibility for the management of new product development projects, meeting time, budget and specification. The development teams that you will lead will combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and broad industry experience.
Work will range from complete product developments to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes. Your work will span three core areas; clinical diagnostics and instrumentation; surgical products and medical systems, and drug delivery devices.
Your specific responsibilities will vary according to your particular experience but are likely to include:
- Support to business developers to define projects to meet the needs of prospective clients
- Management of projects from the proposal stage through to the delivery of the project
- Liaising directly with clients to understand their programme needs for a broad range of projects
- Estimating timeline, resource, budget and key technical risks for proposal preparation
- Building and managing the project team with the appropriate level of expertise for the proposed work
- Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams
- Reporting technical and financial progress both to the client and internally
- Lead meetings with clients, present and communicate ideas and concepts to all disciplines
- Take the lead in ensuring that projects are run to relevant quality standards and meet appropriate safety standards
To meet the requirements of this role you must have:
- An excellent degree within an engineering or relevant scientific discipline
- Experience of either project managing small to medium sized projects, or of leading a technical discipline within a larger new product development project.
- Experience of planning tasks, then tracking the progress of a team to deliver against those tasks, whilst addressing issues as they arise.
- Strong time management, organised, interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
- A desire to pursue a professional Programme Management career.
- Client exposure would be an advantage.