Do you want to make a difference?
Working within our MedTech division, you will be part of a Design Group that has a range of specialisms across both physical and digital design. Each of our designers plays a pivotal role in the development of a medical product system. We collaborate intensely to develop simple, intuitive products with harmonious user experiences in areas of drug delivery, diagnostics, eHealth and surgical technologies.
Designers at Cambridge Consultants are fully integrated into the development process. They conduct research, collaborate with stakeholders to identify product goals, generate concepts and create prototypes for evaluation by patients and users.
As a Principal Medical Industrial Designer you will lead the design on projects, taking responsibility for, and participate in, the complete development cycle for Medical Products, from product definition through to design verification and validation activities.
We’re looking for articulate problem solvers with good judgement and a well-developed sense of form, proportion, colour and materials.
In this role you will also be a liaison with clients, business developers and technical engineers to promote user-centered design both internally and externally.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting edge development programs using your creative skills.
You will be involved in and/or asked to lead activities such as:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to develop compelling product visions
- Uncovering user needs, opportunity identification & ethnographic research
- Translating generative research into meaningful user-centred product solutions
- Building 3D models to procure rapid prototypes for testing with users
- Facilitating brainstorming, concept generation sessions and client workshops
- Creating mood boards, storyboards, product road maps, etc. to communicate designs and user experiences
- Packaging design and IFU (instruction for use) development
- Support the Business Leaders in sales meetings with prospective clients, planning and estimating product design and development projects, preparing project proposals
- Extensive experience as an industrial designer and passionate design thinker
- An excellent BA/BEng in Industrial Design (or comparable degree)
- Good understanding of the principles of medical device design and knowledge of human factors
- Ability to speak confidently about design solutions, both during internal reviews and client presentations
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating experience working in technology or product design and development companies, on multi-disciplinary projects
- Comfortable leading project and clients teams in meetings
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Incredible 2D visualization skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering, as well as 3D CAD and surface modelling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills who is adaptable
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants is a user-centered design and technology development firm.
For more than 50 years Cambridge Consultants has led the way in medical device development. We are the development partners of choice for many of the world’s leading healthcare companies and ambitious start-up companies.
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.