Our PCB CAD team design all the PCBs that are part of the client projects at Cambridge Consultants. We wish to grow the team through the addition of a library administrator who will be responsible for maintaining the database of symbols and footprints that are used during the PCB design process. All training will be provided by our established team.
We are looking for someone with good communication and team work skills who is proactive in problem solving and has excellent attention to detail.
You will support our PCB CAD design team and Electronic Engineers through the entry or checking of new electronic components entered into the component library. This is an essential role which can be the difference between a successful PCB design and an expensive (but quite cool) mug coaster.
Our team works on client assignments in multidisciplinary project teams, generally on more than one project concurrently. High quality work is essential from every team member, as is a strong desire to learn, develop and implement solutions with different technologies and for different target markets.
Opportunities for progression, depending on career aspirations, could include:
- Performing Schematic Capture of electronic circuits
- Moving into the PCB layout design team
As a PCB CAD Librarian/Administrator you will be trained to:
- Build new symbols, enter part database information and create cells for any new parts required by the PCB designers/engineers.
- Be responsible for checking the symbols, part database entries and cells into the main approved library area of the ECAD system.
- Filing data sheets used for component creation
- General library maintenance and adjustments when required
Specific training in the use of Mentor Graphics xDX, DC, Xpedition PCB and Altium PCB will be provided.
- Background interest in electronics and/or software through hobbies, education or a previous job
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT Literate
- Track record of accurate and consistent data entry
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in electronic hardware design or PCB layout
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients. This allows us to be part of something big. For example the PCBs designed by our team are at the heart of some of our most exciting projects:
- Wireless radio for robotic retrieval system – https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/projects/ocado-next-generation-warehouse-automation
- Wearable game band – https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/projects/now-computing-future-gaming
- Through Wall Radar System – https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/projects/prism-200-through-wall-radar