Are you looking for an exciting and varied role helping everyone from start-ups to global pharmaceutical companies to define their technology strategy and pathways for innovation? Do you have an interest in medical technology and want to help define the products of the future? If you would thrive in a role which offers the opportunity to work alongside talented, enthusiastic and proactive consultants, engineers and scientists, and apply your analytical skills to a diverse range of projects, then please read on.
Main purpose of the job
As an Analyst in the Medical Technology Division, you will work in multidisciplinary teams to help our clients define their next innovative product. You will develop market insights for our clients across a broad range of medical technology sectors, giving strategic advice to clients looking to enter new markets, as well as helping refine their processes to manage development and risk.
Type of work undertaken by division/group
The Medical Technology Division takes innovative medical products and equipment from ideas to manufacture. The projects often involve considerable technical challenges.
The Division’s activities fall into four focus areas:
- Surgical and Interventional Products
- Medical Diagnostics and Instrumentation
- Drug Delivery Devices
- Wireless devices / eHealth
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and a broad base of industry experience to form powerful teams. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to market, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
As an Analyst in the Medical Technology Division you will deliver project work through primary and secondary research and data analysis, and present your findings to internal teams and clients. You will work across a broad range of projects, from identifying new market opportunities for our clients, to utilising your market insights and scientific understanding to define the requirements for novel medical products. Often you will be working on more than one project concurrently to deliver some of the following:
- Undertake desk-based research and analysis of results for clients
- Interview commercial, technical and operational key opinion leaders
- Prepare company information and develop insights to support business development efforts
- Plan and prepare for creative workshops to define routes for innovation
- Perform IP and technology landscaping to identify potential technologies, or gaps for exploitation
- Support the preparation of Stakeholder Requirements Specifications, and translate these needs into Product Requirements
- Help optimise our clients processes for efficient development, project and risk management
- Summarise findings through report writing and presentations
To succeed in this role you will have an excellent degree in engineering, science or a related discipline. Undergraduate experience gained in a research or commercial environment would be a distinct advantage.
In addition, to be successful in the role you will be expected to:
- Be a highly effective written and verbal communicator with the ability to write, present and conduct interviews
- Have an analytical approach with demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful conclusions from large amounts of data
- Have excellent team working skills
- Have a well organised and structured approach to problem solving
- Be comfortable working with clients at all levels within our client organisations
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- Business or commercial experience
- An understanding of the regulatory environment for medical technology
- Experience of innovation processes
- Experience of IP landscaping tools