Are you an inspiring innovator, with experience of bringing digital devices and connected systems to market? Are you looking for an exciting and varied role helping everyone from start-ups to global medical devices companies to define their connected devices strategy and pathways for innovation? Do you have an interest in medical technology and want to help define the products of the future? If you would thrive in a role which offers the opportunity to work alongside talented, enthusiastic and proactive consultants, engineers and scientists, and apply your strategic insight to a diverse range of projects, then please read on.
Main purpose of the job
As a Strategy Lead/Product Manager in the Medical Technology Division, you will be responsible for taking a lead role on projects, including defining the project scope through discussion with clients and colleagues, and guiding the delivery of the work. You will focus on building Cambridge Consultants’ reputation in connected medical devices and ecosystems, by working to expand our front end offerings and creative product development. You are likely to assist our clients in navigating the burgeoning market for digital health products, systems and service offerings, by helping them develop the right strategies for success, as well as playing a key role in development projects by facilitating creative workshops with engineers, designers and scientists to solve complex technical and design problems.
Type of work undertaken by Division/Group
The Medical Technology Division undertakes the development of innovative medical products and equipment from concept to manufacture. The projects often involve considerable technical challenges.
The Division’s activities fall into four focus areas:
- Surgical and Interventional Products
- Medical Diagnostics and Instrumentation
- Drug Delivery Devices
- Wireless devices / connected Health
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and a broad base of industry experience to form powerful teams. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to market, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
As a Strategy Lead/Product Manager in the Medical Technology Division, you are expected to assist our clients in navigating the burgeoning market for connected health products, systems and service offerings by helping them develop the right strategies for success. Specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Taking a lead role on digital health projects; particularly commercialisation strategies and business model generation.
- Take the role of “Product Manager” on some of these projects, being the client’s product or marketing representative within the Cambridge Consultants project team.
- Assisting our clients in defining their digital strategy and guiding them in the creation of a digital health device, system or service which will generate return-on-investment in the market
- Taking a lead client facing role on projects
- Developing more junior members of staff through mentoring and project work
- Working with our business development team to sell Cambridge Consultants’ strategic and digital health capabilities to our clients
- Take a lead role in defining projects through proposal generation
- Help develop strategic partnerships with key clients, to understand their long term aims and product strategy
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will have a good degree in a relevant field and will have already been successful in a business strategy, innovation management or an NPI role creating breakthrough products and bringing them to market. In addition, to be successful in the role you will be expected to:
- Have significant experience working as a Product Manager or equivalent
- Experience in managing the marketing and launch of a digital medical device/system/service
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think conceptually and translate analysis to meaningful recommendations for our clients
- Strong people skills and ability to engage at all levels within our client organisations, particularly marketing
- Excellent communication
- Ideally commercial experience, including project planning and budget management
- Experience of regulatory landscape in connected medical devices / systems would be beneficial
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
- Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen – lunches and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee