Do you have a passion for gadgets, gizmos, great apps & future tech? Are you curious about how companies create an innovative culture & decide where the next business opportunity is?
The Strategy, Innovation and Process Group are looking for an Intern to join their growing team.
This role involves:
- The analysis of technology futures
- Predicting and identifying emerging technology and trends
- Understanding the market need for technology
- Improving ways of working within innovative companies and generating concepts to complement engineers working at the cutting edge of tech and device development at Cambridge Consultants.
If you would enjoy working in a diverse environment which is fascinating and fun, with other talented consultants, scientists and engineers, please read on.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
Researching the commercialisation potential of novel products, information systems and emerging technologies from consumer and industrial market sectors.
Identify, abstract and analyse information to produce market/technology insights in support of management consultancy and technology development project work for client organisations across a range of industries.
Type of Work
Cambridge Consultants undertakes over 300 cutting edge technology, design and consulting projects every year.
The Strategy, Innovation and Process Group delivers technology consultancy and technology projects in the areas of:
- Assessment of commercial viability of an innovative product or service
- Concept generation and innovation management
- Innovation strategy and business transformation
Your skills and energy will make a significant contribution to consultancy projects. You will support the delivery of project work through primary and secondary research, analysis of data and information gained from talking to leading experts, development of reports and presentation of findings to clients and internal teams.
Often you will be working on more than one project concurrently to deliver some of the following:
- Investigation of future technologies and their market impact
- Interviewing commercial, technical and operational opinion leaders
- Generation and modelling of project-specific data
- Preparation of company information and identification of issues to support business development efforts
- Presenting findings to internal teams and clients where appropriate
- Supporting product design and development projects either for our clients or as internal investment in our own IP
We’re flexible about the length of your internship with us, so we can consider applications for anything from a summer to a year, but please state the length of internship you’re looking for on your application. You’ll need to be available for a minimum of 8 weeks.
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will be in your penultimate year of studying a technical degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Business Studies or related fields and you’ll be on track for a 1st / 2.1.
Knowledge of, or interest in, trends, recent product launches or research in the consumer and industrial market sectors is an important part of the role. In particular any existing knowledge of innovations or innovative companies would be beneficial.
Demonstrable research expertise gained in a commercial environment or relevant analysis or project management experience would be a distinct advantage.
In addition, to be successful in the role you will be expected to:
- Have an analytical approach to research with excellent ability to distil results
- Have an ability to form a view on a market / technology areas based on your research
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to write documents and present conclusions
- Have excellent team working skills
- Be comfortable working with our client organizations where appropriate
Interns gain invaluable hands-on experience by working alongside our staff on real projects. It’s also a chance to show us what you can do – internships can sometimes lead to the offer of a full-time job once you’ve completed your studies, therefore we invite applications from people who may be interested in applying for a full time job with us after their degree.