Cambridge Consultants houses one of the most advanced medical device development and technology consulting teams in the world. Significant growth of our project and global client base over the last few years means that our business is rapidly expanding in all areas and we are now looking for senior individuals to help us drive continued growth.
Working alongside the global head of Cambridge Consultants’ global Surgical & Interventional Devices business, as part of the core market facing team, you will be responsible for our Acute Care business stream. With a strong background in safety critical, acute care systems, environments and applications, your primary responsibility will be to define, execute and support the strategy to deliver continued growth of this important sector of our business. You (and the team you build around you) will seek to build lasting account relationships and execute significant personal and team sales. To support you in doing this you will have access to the full suite of resources, expertise and capabilities from across the business including our marketing communications groups, technical teams, simulated clinical environments, class II biolabs and in house manufacturing and prototyping facilities.
With a technical background in both safety critical, acute care devices and the consulting industries, the successful candidate will work with the group leadership to review and refine our clear market focus and develop a strategy for which you will be responsible and through which you will drive growth. Aside from the market facing aspect of the role, the successful applicant will play a critical role in the delivery of projects, representing the needs of the client internally and helping oversee and guide our delivery teams to success.
Type of work undertaken by the division/group
Our Medical Technology business provides contract development of ground breaking medical devices from strategy and initial opportunity, through needs identification, concept and prototype development to transfer to production. Projects often include considerable technical, user and commercial challenge.
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with world class technical and human factors expertise and deep industry experience to form powerful development teams. Our work ranges from complete product developments to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
The successful Business Development Manager will use their deep understanding of the clinical, commercial and technical context of the industry to support all aspects of Business Development for our Acute Care business. You will:
- Work with business leadership to define our strategy for continued growth in the sector
- Identify companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants
- Develop strong relationships with senior executives in target and existing client companies
- Develop, grow and manage long term partnership account relationships with major global corporations
- Personally close substantial sales
- Work with and guide our business development and technical teams in Cambridge UK and Boston USA to maximize sales conversion
- Feed back market information to internal technical and commercial teams and work with them to support and expand our capabilities, skills and product / service development offerings
- Interact with teams across the broad technical base of Cambridge Consultants which includes:
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design
- Software (inc safety critical software)
- VOC, human factors & industrial design
- Wireless systems and sensors
- Regulatory affairs
- Work with our technical and marketing communications teams to drive marketing, thought leadership and events in support of the surgical and interventional business
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will be able to provide the following:
- A deep understanding and passion for the acute care marketplace, players, products and clinical context
- Experience of successfully working in a consulting or similar environment
- Proven success in developing business and senior relationships in the Acute Care, Surgical or broader Medical Products sector with substantial contract values
- A track record in developing and maintaining long term parternship relationships with key target accounts
- Experience in design and development of medical products, the regulatory environment and/or relevant consulting services
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Both a technical and commercial mindset with at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in the physical sciences
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences.