Here is a fantastic career opportunity if you’re looking to work as part of a world leading business.
You will be able to carve out and have responsibility for building a substantial professional fee-for-service consulting and technology design and development business in our Telecoms & Mobile team covering mobile telecoms and professional radio sectors.
From your engagement with potential clients to working with world class technologists, this is an entrepreneurial role which combines passion for product development and state of the art technology with a deep understanding of the wireless market and an ability to guide teams and close deals.
Main purpose of the job
To contribute to the development of Cambridge Consultants’ business in the field of professional wireless design and development services. The role offers a high level of autonomy and diversity with scope to develop new business through the provision innovation, technology and consultancy to the entire mobile telecoms value chain globally.
The business developer role encompasses the full range of commercial activities. From market strategy and the creation and marketing of attractive value propositions, through to contract negotiation and closing significant levels of new business.
Working alongside our world class project managers and technical leads, you will also take commercial responsibility for the delivery of successful innovative projects to our clients.
Type of work undertaken by Division/Group
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communication technologies. We have one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world and work across the entire wireless landscape: from pacemakers to satellites.
Our team is developing the devices and services behind in the Internet of Things and enabling the future of mobile communications. The breadth of our activities in wireless system and technology design provides tremendous variety to our team members and invaluable insight for our team of business developers.
Examples of the work of our Telecoms & Mobile team include world-leading 2G/3G/4G femtocell basestation designs, the mobile WiMAX PHY reference design adopted as the gold standard for type approval testing, a professional intercom used at the Olympic Games and within professional broadcasting studios, as well as key technologies set to enable future 5G cellular systems.
You will be responsible for all aspects of business development in one or more areas of the Telecoms & Mobile campaign, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff. You will:
- Identify companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants
- Identify sales opportunities, work with and guide our technical teams to maximize sales conversion
- Personally close substantial sales
- Develop strong commercial relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies to enable further sales opportunities
- Actively utilise market information to guide the technical team, inform strategy, and internal investments
- Lead marketing activities in your specific area – this includes PR, social media, and events
- Interact with teams across the diverse market and technical teams from across the whole of Cambridge Consultants’ 450 strong R&D staff
You will also use your strong commercial experience to communicate what Cambridge Consultants can deliver to potential clients. Your background skills will also help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of development projects, often working on more than one concurrently.
The kind of person we’re looking for has:
- Substantial experience and a track-record of wireless design and development within the telecoms or other professional radio sectors (semiconductor, equipment vendor, operator etc.)
- Experience of complex, high-value, technical sales / business development
- Market knowledge of existing wireless technology (2G/3G/4G cellular, TETRA, WiMAX, Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC as well as custom radio solutions)
- A degree in an appropriate technical subject
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Existing senior relationships with the mobile telecoms or professional radio sector is highly desirable
- Experience of taking wireless products through the full development cycle is highly desirable
- Supplementary commercial qualifications are highly desirable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.