Closing date: 2017-11-23
About British American Tobacco:
BAT is the world’s most international tobacco group, with brands sold in 180 markets around the world. We make high quality tobacco products for the diverse preferences of millions of consumers, spanning the business ‘from crop to consumer’. Through world class science and innovation R&D delivers solutions to the business for harm reduction and consumer experiences. Our activities are strategic and drive product evolution and fundamental research.
BAT is seeking 3 plant scientists – Senior Technician (Plant Science), Senior Technician (High throughput screening), Technician (Lab & Greenhouse Support) – to play key roles in the Biotechnology Team based in Cambridge. The roles are within an R&D environment and require the application of techniques in plant science and biotechnology to support the development of new varieties of tobacco and next generation products. They require knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry and plant physiology to support the screening and identification of gene targets by both forward and reverse genetics. These are hands-on-roles requiring flexible and proactive individuals who can work across teams.
– Have experience in biology, molecular biology and plant physiology
– Develop a broad knowledge of screening techniques for the identification of genetic targets to support toxicant reduction and consumer differentiation projects
– Provide support in the area of molecular biology, cell biology and the analysis of metabolites and proteins to R&D Cambridge for the delivery of projects
– Develop and apply knowledge in high throughput screening techniques
– Communicate clearly results and conclusions, have the ability to interact confidently with a broad range of stakeholders
– Be proactive in seeking out information relevant to the work in hand and discussing issues and problems with colleagues and stakeholders
– Plan, monitor and control work to meet deadlines
– Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to work as a part of a team, as well as independently in order to deliver results.
– 1st Degree Biological Science or industry-relevant experience
– Experience in a range of biological techniques and laboratory support activities
– Experience in laboratory operations, maintaining stocks of consumables, ordering, awareness of costs and tracking of budgets
– Ability to work as part of a team, excellent communication skills
BAT will offer:
– Competitive salary and benefits scheme
– State of the art laboratory facilities
– A full-time role based in the Cambridge Science Park
Apply with CV to:
Corina Dumitrescu – Reveal email address
Closing Date: 23rd of November