Reporting the Head Chef. To assist the Head Chef in the management of the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
- To assist the Head Chef with compiling food orders and developing new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To assist in the development of the kitchen team by empowering it, supporting it, encouraging it and maintaining an ‘open door’ policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure all financial controls, costings, wastage and orders are met within the client budget.
- To ensure purchasing is made using nominated suppliers and a system for quality and credit controls is maintained.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To ensure safe working practices are followed and equipment faults are reported to the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To promote and encourage environmental improvement initiatives as appropriate within the business.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or BaxterStorey Management.
- To assist / deputise for the Head Chef.
· Good secondary education · NVQ qualification or equivalent · Excellent craft skills background · Successful progressive background in catering · Food Hygiene Certificate · Strong Supervisory experience · Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
· Successful progressive background in contract catering · Excellent contract catering background
· Excellent organisational skills · Ability to plan ahead · Demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving · Ability to work on own initiative · Excellent communicator at all levels · Good numeracy skills
· Professional training in presentation and negotiation skills · Exposure to financial training
· Proficient at working with computers · Good delegation and influencing skills · Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation · Good negotiating skills · Effective at time management
· Exposure to leadership or man management training skills
· Smart clean appearance, high standard of personal hygiene · Confident, lively and outgoing personality · Approachable, friendly and cheerful · Respectful and able to gain respect
· Keen to continue self development within current role and ambition for further promotion or growth
Permanent position. Salary £21k p.a, Interviews to take place week of 26th June. To apply contact Leanne Bradley on 0203 137 9462 email no agencies please.