As Kitchen Assistant, you will be required to provide a general level of assistance within the restaurant kitchen, including general food preparation, kitchen duties and cleaning. Because of the close working space, you will be responsible for keeping floors and surfaces clear and to develop constructive working relationships with the entire catering team.
We are committed to developing all of our staff so we are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about good food and delivering excellent customer service. This post will involve working to a shift rota and will include evenings, weekends and public holidays.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To undertake general preparation of food – ie, peeling and chopping vegetables, preparing salads and sandwiches, assisting with the baking of bread, etc.
2. To assist in the preparation of meals under the supervision of the Chef or other appropriate staff.
3. To understand and adhere to all food hygiene and health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and Company standards. This includes the safe use of knives and other sharp utensils.
4. To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene. To ensure that a clean uniform is worn at all times.
5. To undertake general cleaning duties throughout the kitchen, including wiping work surfaces and mopping floors. This will also include stocking and emptying the dishwasher at regular intervals.
6. To ensure that spills and other slipping hazards are dealt with immediately.
7. To provide a cleaning service, including setting and clearing of tables, in the restaurant if required. To serve meals to customers if additional cover as and when it is needed.
8. To attend staff meetings and training designed to maintain high standards of hygiene and health and safety throughout the restaurant.
9. To work in a safe manner at all times and behave in such a way that the health and safety of work colleagues is not adversely affected.
10. To undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post as and when required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
•General understanding of the workings of a restaurant kitchen •Basic knowledge of food hygiene, storage and preparation •High standards of cleanliness •Ability to work well within a close knit team •Ability to follow instructions quickly •Ability to work unsocial hours
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
•Training in food hygiene •Previous experience in a catering environment
Permanent positions. Full time Kitchen Assistant £7.50p.h. Interviews to take place week of 26th June. To apply contact Leanne Bradley on 0203 137 9462 email no agencies please.