Barista Job Duties:
- Welcoming customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educating customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, flat white, caffe latte etc.
- Help to generate revenue by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products. We can do this by educating our customers about our raw foods such as our homemade flap jacks & energy balls etc.
- Maintaining inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies of coffee & tea products.
- Keeping equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining professional networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Such as introducing a guest coffee or coffee special.
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures•Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
Barista Skills and Qualifications:
Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Basic Safety, People Skills, Action Oriented, Organization, Selling to Customer Needs, Attendance, Client Relationships
Permanent positions. Full time Baristas/Waiters £8.00ph. Interviews to take place week of 26th June. To apply contact Leanne Bradley on 0203 137 9462 email no agencies please.