Job Reference: CAM-DEV-18015
Closing date: 2017-09-30
Start date: Asap
About the role
The Senior IT Project Manager will be working in a highly collaborative environment to deliver mission critical IT-focused projects, that help achieve strategically aligned business goals.
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, and use your experience of Agile to facilitate collaboration with a strong focus on delivery from the project teams and key stakeholders.
This role requires a solid understanding of technical fundamentals as you will be working alongside engineering teams, whilst reporting progress, risk, and impact of technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
Roles & responsibilities
- Provide project and iteration management within allocated team(s):
- Manage a prioritised pipeline of work across multiple Engineering teams
- Develop project plans, and manage scope, budget, and deadlines
- Manage resource planning and allocation including addressing resourcing issues and understanding future requirements and availability of resource
- Resolve external blockers and conflicts, supporting Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Engineering Leads
- Communicate project status, progress, and escalate risk and impact to business stakeholders and internal teams
- Liaise with both internal staff and 3rd party supplier teams to ensure smooth co-operation and understanding of project delivery
- Organise stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases and iteration planning meetings
- Change management working with Engineering and Business teams
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other Project Managers where needed
- Work across projects:
- Able to articulate business goals, risks, issues, dependencies across projects
- To influence change and best practices across IT and the Business
You will have a solid and demonstrable experience of working within an adaptive agile environment and a strong understanding of longer term delivery of business projects end to end. You will ideally hold an industry related qualifications.
You will have worked in an environment with a web application development focus and software product implementation. You are comfortable in a collaborative environment and leading group discussions. You are able to build good working relationships with business analysts and developers to ensure both implementation and development are realistic within release timeframes. Your ability to manage complex resource allocation and task planning is excellent. Your experience will ideally be within science related businesses (ie. pharmaceuticals/life sciences or e-commerce companies) although not essential.
You will have a strong ability to work on multiple projects at one time while keeping an excellent attention to detail, flagging cross project risks, issues and dependencies and mitigate where applicable. A strong understanding of budget and forecast requirements for each project against the overall programme of work is essential as well as strong stakeholder management skills.
You are an innovative, motivated individual with a natural consultative style and excellent communicator both written and verbal. You are a confident data led decision maker and have a strong commercial acumen with a constant desire to learn and promote better ways of working.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.