Closing date: 2017-12-18
About the Role
Abcam, a global innovative biotechnology company, is looking for a passionate and driven Senior IT Project Manager who will proactively deliver a range of complex projects working with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Technology Engineering, you are a strong communicator able to deliver projects successfully in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a keen attention to detail.
About the Team
Within IT, we employ an Agile methodology, and use TDD and Continuous Integration throughout the development cycle. There is a diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience within the Team, focussing on Project Management and Business Analysis, which help support the IT function in delivering key projects to Abcam.
It’s an exciting time to join Abcam, with a big focus on the IT Department as we are currently the key enabler for a Business Transformation project and implementing a new ERP system. This is a fast-moving programme and we are implementing the right technologies, processes and decisions for the future growth of Abcam.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical project management for a range of projects across the engineering team
- Create and maintain delivery plans for all projects including scope, budget, and deadlines
- Plan, agree, and manage project resources within the engineering team and the wider business including allocation, resourcing issues, and future planning
- Support junior members of team in their development as project managers
- Provide status reports and regularly meet the VP Technology Engineering (and executive team where appropriate) on project progress, escalating risk where necessary
- Resolve project blockers and conflicts alongside team, supporting product owners, business analysts and engineering leads
- Organise iterations, stand-ups, retrospectives, and showcases throughout project lifecycle
- Manage Agile developments within an organisation with longer term strategic goals
- Take a lead on change management and actively maintain appropriate project scope.
You will be a self-starter with a keen attention to detail who can maintain multiple projects at the same time, working directly with technical engineering teams in software project delivery.
You should have the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders including business analysts and developers where complex task planning is the norm, and therefore have strong communication skills in dealing with team members.
Ideally, you will have the ability to mentor, support and develop members of the team.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.