Job Reference: CAM-PDI-18024
Closing date: 2017-09-30
Start date: No later than November
About the role
The Senior Product Manager, Data Integration (Maternity Cover), will be responsible for delivering the company’s strategy and consistently achieving the company’s objectives focused on external and internal product acquisition, upvalidation, regional pricing implementation and all aspects of product documentation, as well as the financial objectives around these areas.
These responsibilities are supported through management of the Product Data Integration (PDI) team which consists of 9 FTE’s.
The role is offered on a part-time basis for a duration of 12 months. Ideal starting date is no later than November.
About the Product Data Integration (PDI) team at Abcam
The PDI team is responsible for integrating new products into the catalogue, and maintaining and enhancing our current product data.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Line management of 8 direct reports (5 remote, 3 office based)
- Exhibit strong leadership in all areas, particularly with the management of the PDI team ensuring that team is performing on target, is motivated and driven to achieve more. Also, address any areas of concern in a timely manner.
- Ensure reports meet objectives
- Support personal development plans
- Carry out any necessary progression planning and recruitment
- Monitor and ensure team resource levels are adequate to deliver team objectives
- Ensure that all PDI Team activities are in line with company initiatives
- Ensure that the organisation has a strategy for effective, efficient, accurate and rapid new product and data integration across all product categories.
- Ensure all product information associated with new and existing products (datasheet and protocol) is of the highest quality standard and contains the most relevant content to help our customers achieve their goals successfully.
- Implement accurate price changes across all regions and product categories with the relevant stakeholder input. This also includes deprecation and unpublishing requests.
- Ensure that all upvalidation processes are maintained and carried out as efficiently and accurately to ensure our customers are getting the most up to date and accurate information.
- Report monthly KPI figures and ensure upvalidation activities remain within budget.
- Collaborate with wider Portfolio & Business development team to deliver potential revenue growth by driving datasheet layout and content upgrades and utilizing consumer insight to do so.
- Ensure PDI actively participate in all consumer closeness activities throughout the year to gain more knowledge of our consumer needs and use this to drive and improve current processes.
You will have solid line management experience, along with strong leadership skills and a confident and clear communicator. Ideally you have some experience of working in a global biotech as well as some sales and marketing experience.
Your project management are excellent and you are highly organised with a strong attention to details. You have experience of budgeting and reporting on KPIs as well as being a confident user of MS-Office programmes.
You naturally deal with different people and task issues head on and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback. You adapt quickly to change and influence others to do the same. Fast paced and high pressure environment are not an issue for you and you remain logical, methodical and professional in all circumstances. You come up with solutions to issues rather than just presenting the issues.
You are able to travel to other offices, mostly in the UK.
You will be university educated, preferably with a BSc or higher qualification in life sciences.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.