Closing date: 2017-12-04
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join us for a maternity cover of approximately 6-9 months during a journey of multi-year investment in our core IT systems.
The Senior Business Analyst will lead a team of Business and Project Analysts alongside supporting the Lead Business Process Owner for HR in the development of the function’s process and technology roadmap, working closely with the Project Managers and Business Process Owners throughout the lifecycle of their projects.
Note: Leading a Team of Business Analysts is crucial for this position
About the Team
It’s an exciting time at Abcam, with a big focus on the IT Department as we are currently the key enabler for a Business Transformation project and implementing a new ERP system. This is a fast-moving programme and we are implementing the right technologies, processes and decisions for the future growth of Abcam. Within IT, we follow the Agile methodology predominantly, and also TDD and Continuous Integration; alongside other methodologies such as Waterfall. There are diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience within the Programme Team, focussing on Project Management, Business Analysis and Project Analysis, which help support the IT function in delivering key projects to Abcam.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise on relevant solution options, based on your knowledge of Oracle and the functional capabilities
- Maintain the functional design artefacts, including blueprint, supporting L1, L2 & L3 processes and KPIs
- Support the Lead Business Process Owner in the development of the function’s process and technology roadmap;
- Enhancements, based on continual gap analysis of solution against operating model
- Align IT strategy to business goals, developing business transformation plans with the Lead Business Process Owner and Executive Sponsor
- Continual increased understanding of upcoming technology advances that could be relevant to the business function e.g. Oracle conferences on new features, releases and their roadmap, shared knowledge with other companies
- Work with Lead Business Process Owners, Functional BA’s, Change Managers and Communications teams to feed in to change impact assessments, training needs, and communications
A Senior Business Analyst, working on medium and large sized projects. You will have a proven track record in successfully leading a team of Business Analysts, who work across multiple projects and business areas. You will have proven experience working with SaaS solutions, particularly working with Oracle.
Alongside your leadership role, you will be working on HR projects, therefore previous experience of HR projects, policies and processes is desirable, but not essential. You will be an excellent communicator, who is confident to work with all levels of the organisation. An ability to manage your time effectively and manage conflicting demands is a must.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.