Job Reference: CAM-SCS-0010
Closing date: 2017-09-30
Start date: asap
Are you looking for a part-time role to fit around your home or study commitments?
Could you be our next technical expert for our Spanish OR French OR English speaking customers at Abcam?
Would you like an opportunity to stay up-to-date with your area of science, but also be able to help make our customers’ life easier with your extensive knowledge and experience in the lab?
We are looking for 2 Scientific Support Specialists to join us in our team on a part-time basis. We would look for the two candidates to cover a 37.5 hour week between them, but we can be flexible with how the hours are split. This role is also advertised as a permanent full time position. You would provide technical support via email and phone.
About Scientific Support at Abcam
Made up of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, the Scientific Support team makes up part of Abcam’s Commercial Operations alongside Customer Services, Supply Chain and Account Management/Business Development. The team provide a service which ensures no matter who you are, where you are based, or what you have bought from us, you always have a fantastic customer experience.
Please note that this is not a bench position.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Helping customers via email and phone
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody based products (Western blot, IHC, immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Liaising with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Updating product datasheets when new information becomes available.
- Review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication
- Acting on customer feedback to improve our service
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate
- Some travel to conferences and customer visits
You will hold an MSc or above in a life sciences field with a minimum of 3 years in practical research laboratory experience using antibodies and related reagents on the bench. You will have gained experience in at least two antibody related applications including western blot or immunohistochemistry.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.