Closing date: 2017-12-20
Abcam is a leading web based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide. Our head office is in Cambridge (UK), we also have offices in Bristol (UK), Cambridge, Eugene and San Francisco, (USA), Tokyo (Japan), Hong Kong, Hangzhou and Shanghai (China).
About the role
Working within a dynamic marketing team, the role will involve the planning and implementation of both product management and marketing for the Primary Conjugates product lines to maximize revenue. In this role, you will be working closely with the pipeline manager and the manufacturing team to further develop product offering strategy for Abcam’s primary conjugate portfolio. Also, you will also be expected to work directly with both global and regional marketing teams on developing marketing strategy and tactics, including market evaluation activities, in support of increasing Abcam’s Primary Conjugates market awareness and global sales. This will require timely delivery of detailed reports for wider company consumption. Management of co-marketing relationships will also be required, as will some international travel. Your overall aim will be to increase sales in your product ranges and be instrumental in the market driven development of Abcam’s Primary Conjugates product portfolio.
Pipeline and product management
- Responsible for new product development process for Primary Conjugate portfolio, from concept to commercialization, in particular pipeline suggestions
- Perform and monitor market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
- Working closely with manufacturing and product integration team, manage product launches
- Monitor product quality KPIs and assist quality team to address any issues
- Assist commercial teams in product and market knowledge sales support (i.e. sales training, talks).
Tactical marketing and collateral development (offline, online)
- Responsible for generating or sourcing high quality content for the Abcam’s Primary Conjugates portfolio (online & offline)
- Assist in compiling e-campaigns to target existing customer base
- Producing and posting new articles, offers and relevant promotions on Abcam’s website
- Gathering and generating content and ideas for marketing/technical literature and working with a graphic designer to create new pieces
- Assist in producing copy for advertorials and advertisements
Market research and external landscape
- Provide market research activities including web-based research projects, competitor analysis, and survey design/analysis
- Interact with Abcam’s product management and commercial teams, providing significant input into Abcam’s market-led approach to new product expansion
- Regular reporting of activities to the wider marketing team
- Internal coordination with customer facing departments (including scientific support, business development, customer service) to aid and inform marketing decisions and output
- Communicate marketing strategy and tactics to regional marketing teams
- Written reporting and presentation of market research and survey activities
Planning and monitoring
- Propose and manage a budget for all tactical marketing activities (online & offline) for Primary Conjugates product line
- Monitor KPI and report ROI for all activities
Research area support
- Monitor and improve the strategy for marketing and new product development in one of Abcam’s research areas
- Generate content and management of campaigns
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences and preferably postgraduate experience in a laboratory or the Life Sciences industry. A strong background in flow cytometry and confocal microscopy/image analysis is required. Commercial experience in marketing or sales with a demonstrable track record of market research, portfolio development and tactical marketing would also be preferable. You should also have strong communication and organisation skills and the ability to build successful business relationships, as well as good attention to detail. Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options.