Start date: ASAP
Abcam is a leading web based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide. Our head office is in Cambridge (UK), we also have offices in Bristol (UK), Cambridge, Eugene and San Francisco, (USA), Tokyo (Japan), Hong Kong and Hangzhou (China).
About the role
Reporting into the CMO and within the new Marketing and Category Management team at Abcam this brand new and exciting opportunity will drive category growth through all channels and geographies working with online marketing and e-Commerce to achieve online growth targets and also work closely with colleagues in Innovation, Consumer Insight and Research Areas to understand and target propositions for consumer segment needs.
- Drive the development and delivery of Abcam’s primary antibody proposition to meet consumer needs and drive the increased penetration to achieve revenue growth
- Work with the Customer insight, Research Area marketing and regional teams to understand target Consumers’ category needs
- Decide which product range is required in a Category, and the resource allocation within the category team to deliver against the proposition by consumer segment
- Decide on the sourcing requirement criteria for a category make vs buy decisions, and work with the Innovation and Supplier management team to make buy vs build decisions for individual products
- Recommend the global (external) pricing framework, and internal transfer pricing for the category
- Provide input into Research Area teams on marketing requirements for Primary Antibodies in the areas of strength (e.g. Epigenetics, Neurosciences, etc)
- Decide on the product strategy; manage product managers to: o Decide on make vs buy for products in category (‘R’ from Product Manager) o Input to head of innovation and manufacturing to set priorities for in-house product development o Decide on new product addition and feature extension o Input to Research Area content teams on marketing strategy for products
- Work with the head of Customer Insight to develop category revenue and margin targets for the CMO
- Gather inputs from Sales, Customer Insight group, Research Area marketing teams and product managers
- Recommend global primary antibody revenue and gross margin targets to the CMO
Expertise and Competencies
Our ideal candidate will have 7+ years experience in category management, with demonstrated ability to develop category strategy and drive category growth. You should have a strong scientific background (life sciences experience an advantage) and strong communication and team building skills alongside the ability to define, and manage to, critical KPIs.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options.