Closing date: 2017-12-18
About the role
The Head of EMEA / LATAM Channel Management will be responsible for all channel management and related marketing resources to support the continuing growth and expansion of the EMEA / LATAM channel in achieving or exceeding the annual budget. This position reports to the ROW General Manager.
The Head of EMEA / LATAM Channel Management will build annual sales (by month / quarter) plan, in line with our ROW objectives, and work collaboratively with the broader Category and Digital teams to enhance our customers experience, to build a broad based and responsive organisation.
About the Global Channel Management Team
In order to fully optimise our channel strategy, Abcam recently merged EMEA & LATAM distributor management under one lead. This enables the company to look across all our smaller distributor countries / markets and focus and prioritize our resources to develop those markets with the greatest opportunity. EMEA / LATAM is a region under Rest of World Global Channel Management Team.
- Responsible for channel management in EMEA / LATAM region;
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned distributor accounts;
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned channel partner accounts;
- Proactively leads a joint channel partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship;
- Proactively assesses, review, and validates partner needs on an ongoing quarterly basis through the use of a distributor scorecard (e.g. review of quarterly budget, campaigns & promotions, payment, and cope with prioritized channel to their customer facing activities in seminars & roadshows);
- Ensures distributor compliance with distributor agreements;
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and distributor personnel
- Timely submission of territories forecast to AP marketing for consolidation;
- Work closely with legal team to cascade business compliance / requirement;
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services;
- Analysing and monitoring market potential, drill down to product level to see trends in specific target market to drive growth via channel partners etc.
- Travel (domestic and international) up to travel budget situation which includes face to face meetings with customers, distributors, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
- Work with digital and AP marketing team to explore the use of digital tools to increase the exposure and awareness in corresponding distributors countries
The ideal candidate will have 5 years’ channel management experience within an e-commerce environment. Mass channel management with a target orientated approach is a must.
You will be a team player and comfortable working with Product Managers and Corporate Marketing teams. You will also ideally be educated to advanced degree level (MSc or PhD) in Biology or related fields and have gained a Marketing Qualification (CIMA).
Other key skills and experience include Strategic Marketing (digital and personal campaign management); Project Management; strong analytical skills, managing from data interpretation; and excellent verbal communication skills.
Experience of working with a full range of customer types in Life Sciences, Academia, Pharma and Diagnostics is highly desirable.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.