Closing date: 2017-12-22
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly growing bioscience organisation, are looking for an enthusiastic French-Speaking Scientific Support Specialist to provide daily technical support to our French and English customers via email and phone.
You will also liaise with production labs about our products and may be involved in departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with the wider Abcam team.
About the Scientific Support Team at Abcam
Made up of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, the Scientific Support Team makes up part of Abcam’s Commercial Operations alongside Customer Services, Supply Chain and Account Management/Business Development.
The team provide a service which ensures no matter who you are, where you are based, or what you have bought from us, you always have a fantastic customer experience.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Answering customers’ enquiries via email and phone using first class communication skills.
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody based products (Western blot, IHC, immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Proactively resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs.
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate.
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available.
- Proactively review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication.
- Some travel to conferences and customer visits.
You will need to have a BSc or above in a life sciences field with additional research laboratory experience using antibodies and related reagents. You will need experience in at least two antibody related applications including Western Blot or Immunohistochemistry.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.