Closing date: 2018-01-30
Due to continued growth at Abcam plc, we have an exciting role within our Financial, Planning and Analysis team for a commercially astute Finance Business Partner. As part of the Global FP&A team this role will play an important role as decision support and business partner to Abcam’s Global Corporate Services teams. Working with Senior Business Stakeholders, this forward-looking role will provide value added analysis and influence over key strategic decision making.
About FP&A at Abcam
The FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly growing and evolving having been formed as a sister function to our core finance team during 2015. The aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process.
Roles & responsibilities:
• To support Global Corporate Services teams with strategic support, decision making and ad hoc projects
• Provide monthly budget/forecast variance including opex, capex and headcount analysis
• Maintaining backing schedules and rolling forecast files
• Assess impact of business decisions such as delaying / bringing forward new hires
• Project reporting and variance analysis
• To provide business performance management and business decision support to the cost centre managers across the corporate functions including IT, Finance, HR and Legal
• Support budget and forecast building
• Support timesheet tracking process, maintaining new users / projects on the system and monthly analysis of results
• Ensure correct financial procedures are maintained and adhered to, working alongside other finance teams where necessary
• Ad hoc analysis and modelling
The ideal candidate will be degree educated, possess a professional qualification (CIMA preferred) and have previous experience working in a Commercial Finance environment. You will need the ability to work alongside and influence senior members of staff, with particular reference to Corporate Services teams (Finance, Legal, HR, IT). You should also possess strong commercial acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills.
The following skills are equally important:
• Strong ability to prioritise tasks for multiple stakeholders operating to their own deadlines
• Strong excel skills including ability to reconcile and summarise large volumes of data
• Sound organisational and planning skills
• Previous experience of Oracle desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be ambitious, a competent self-starter and have the ability to settle into a fast paced business.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.