Job Reference: CAM-CLB-18056
Closing date: 2017-10-21
About the role
Are you an experienced Pricing Strategist looking for a great development opportunity? This could be it!
The Director of Strategic Pricing will innovate, design and implement the company’s global pricing strategy. They will report directly into the Director of Product Marketing, Supplier Management and Collaborations.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and contribute by building the company’s pricing function to maximize the value of Abcam’s product portfolio. This new, exciting, high profile role as Strategic Pricing Director, is responsible for leading Abcam’s global strategy on pricing across its entire portfolio.
As the ‘Pricing Knowledge Expert’ you will be responsible for presenting recommendations on strategic pricing policies to key stakeholders through data insight and analysis of market trends, and managing the development and delivery of the recommended strategies, along with their continuous monitoring and optimisation.
About the Portfolio Management Team
Focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, the Portfolio Management team are a highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious team, who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. They work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities
- Lead, develop, implement and monitor new pricing strategies across the business to maximise sales and profitability in line with Company targets.
- Develop Value modelling capability in pricing – preparing groundwork for dynamic, personalised pricing for our customers using predictive modelling and cutting edge statistical techniques.
- Design, develop and constantly adapt best-in-class pricing systems and price quotation tools, incorporating multiple internal and external data sources; while ensuring these both differentiate Abcam from the competition and align to customer goals.
- Provide qualitative analysis and stress testing of pricing models.
- Implement a merchandising approach to increase cross selling opportunities through price optimization.
- Alongside divisional product and sales management, create structured pricing and discount policies including concept development, market testing and implementation.Work cross divisionally to provide pricing structures for both existing and launch brands.
- Lead regular price management reviews. Provide management with monthly KPIs reporting.
- Ensure standards are maintained on pricing to deliver consistency, ethicality and maximum profit generation.
- Act as a regional lead for all pricing related topics. Drive knowledge sharing.
You will have a Degree in Statistics, Economics, Maths or a numerate subject along with a proven track record in a strategic pricing role and establishing analytical approaches.
You will have significant experience of price optimisation modelling, leading and implementing new pricing strategies and data gathering and manipulation. You will have a solid understanding of conversion, retention and elasticity modelling. Experience within the life sciences sector is desirable but not essential.
Your commercial acumen will be excellent as well as your ability to communicate at all levels in a corporate environment. You will be able to present complex information in a structured and balanced manner.
Your strong numerical and analytical capabilities enable you to understand underlying behavioural trends and measure the results of marketing activity. You will have excellent working knowledge of MS-Office.
As a highly-motivated, forward thinker and enthusiastic team player, you will be able to work with minimum supervision and with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work within agreed budgets.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.